At PROEM our relationship with you is our most important asset. In our roles as consultants and advisors we are frequently privy to confidential corporate data and personal information. We are committed to treat this data with the utmost of discretion and to maintain the privacy and security of your personal information.
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual (such as a home address, home telephone number, personal email, career aspirations, resume, SIN, etc.). Information such as name, title, business address, business telephone number or email of an employee at an organization is not considered “Personal Information.”
Yes. We take protection of your privacy seriously, and we are happy to comply with the federal privacy legislation known as PIPEDA, the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act (the “Act”), and the corresponding Canadian Standards Association’s National Standard Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information.
An organization is responsible for personal information under its control and shall designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for the organization’s compliance with the Principles.
- PROEM takes its responsibility for the Personal Information that we have under our control very seriously.
- Any questions or concerns about our privacy practices should be directed to email@example.com via e-mail. Our privacy officer will follow up with any concerns or questions you may have.
The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by the organization at or before the time the information is collected.
- PROEM will always tell you the purpose(s) for which we are collecting your Personal Information.
- We limit collection of Personal Information to such information required to build and fulfill our relationship with you as recruitment consultants and career advisors. This information is collected via face-to-face meetings, telephone conversations and electronic communications, and is acquired on an aggregate basis during the course of your career.
- We will not use your Personal Information for any purpose other than the initial purpose that was disclosed to you at the time of collection, without asking you for permission to do so (unless such use is required or permitted by the Act).
The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
- Any Personal Information that you do provide to us via communication with one of our consultants or via our web-site will be used for the sole purpose for which it was collected. This information will never be sold, traded or loaned – unless you have provided us with specific permission to do so.
- If you uncomfortable with the purpose(s) of our collection, use and disclosure please do not provide us with your information.
- We will never require that you consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information for purposes beyond that required to fulfill the specified purpose for which the information was collected.
- If we wish to use your Personal Information in addition to the stated use (such as for future marketing programs), we will ask you if we can. We will give you the option to either opt-in or opt-out of such additional uses.
- If you have agreed to receive e-mail marketing materials (such as releases, newsletters or promotional offerings), but then decide you no longer wish to receive such information, simply use the unsubscribe link.
- Sometimes we receive lists of contact information for individuals who we believe may be interested in our services. These lists usually contain a combination of Personal Information and Corporate Contact Data. When these lists contain Personal Information, we require that the providing organization confirm that all individuals on the list have expressed consent to share that Personal Information with third-parties whose services may be of interest to those individuals. If we do not receive this assurance we will only use the Corporate Contact Data and will take all means necessary to avoid utilizing Personal Information. Should you ever receive correspondence from us and wish not to in the future, our communications will always detail how to ensure that you are removed from our mailing lists.
- By using our website, you agree that we can use your Personal Information to contact you when necessary for the administration of your account. Please note – if we are required to release Personal Information by or pursuant to law (including the Act), or by a search warrant, subpoena, court order or other legal process we will release your Personal Information without your consent.
The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the organization. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- PROEM does not collect Personal Information indiscriminately. We assess what information is required for the purposes identified and limit collection accordingly.
- We will not mislead or deceive our customers about the purposes for which we collect their Personal Information.
Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- PROEM will destroy Personal Information that is no longer required to perform the identified purposes. PROEM has guidelines in place for dealing with the destruction of obsolete data.
- PROEM uses its best efforts to ensure that all Personal Information that it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Although PROEM does not collect sensitive information we do have physical measures, organization measures and technological measures in place to ensure protection of your Personal Information. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
- PROEM will make readily available to you specific information as is mandated by the Act and the Principles.
- You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information shall be accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it is to be used.
Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
An organization shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- PROEM will, upon request and within a reasonable amount of time, inform you as to whether or not we hold any of your Personal Information. In certain limited circumstances, and only in accordance with the Act and the Principles, we may not be able to provide access to all of the Personal Information that we hold on you. If that is the case, we will advise you of that decision in a reasonable amount of time.
- It is our hope that as a user of our services you will not have any complaints with respect to our privacy policies and procedures. As leaders in the marketplace we seek to meet and exceed all standards set out in the Act and the Principles. In the event that you do have a complaint, our complaint procedures will be easily accessible and simple to use. PROEM will take any complaints seriously and will investigate all such complaints.
In our efforts to provide you with the highest quality user experience via our website and electronic communications, we may collect additional information which may not be connected to any Personal Information you may provide. This data is collected in the aggregate to provide research information and trending models.
For instance, we may collect your IP address. Your IP address is assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet. We collect the type of browser being used, your operating system and the domain name of the web site that linked you to our site.
In addition, our site uses “cookies” which are small files stored by your browser to keep track of the site visits. Our “cookies” do not collect personally identifiable information, nor do we share them with anyone. We use “cookies” for the sole purpose of tracking user trends and improve the areas of our site that our users find valuable.
If you have any questions about this policy or;
- To ask that we not send you further mailings or contact you or
- To confirm or update your Personal Information or
- To request we delete your Personal Information from our active records